Boston Harbor ATB-8004 Piano Desk Lamp Review
Hobbies are tremendous for mind, body and soul. Having fun at the end of a long day can provide stress relief, hours of enjoyment and the satisfaction of a job well done.
These can range from baking to building remote control cars to learning a musical instrument. Piano playing is a tremendous stress reliever that also produces beautiful music.
However, playing piano can actually be very strenuous on your eyes. Attempting to play in an area with low light can be dangerous to the health of your eyesight and can even cause immediate damage like headaches.
What is the point in making beautiful music if you can’t stand to hear it?
For piano players who are struggling with low lighting situations, or even for those who have not noticed a problem but do not yet have a piano desk lamp to see with, you should consider purchasing the Boston Harbor ATB-8004 Piano Desk Lamp.
Why risk damaging your eyes when you can easily sit a lamp atop your piano to solve any problem you may have? In addition, this lamp is a gorgeous satin nickel, so it can become a focal point of any pianists setup.
- Easily adjusts without falling, despite this lamp’s heavy-duty metal build
- Uses a T10 bulb, which produces a type of light that is very similar to sunlight
- Designed specifically for piano use, so it shines perfectly over piano music on almost any stand, especially because it is adjustable
- Made of durable metal with a nickel finish, so you know it is a durable product. With proper care this lamp can last for years to come
- Much cheaper price without missing out on quality
- Easy to grip and turn on/off switch. For some older-style lamps, the switch has become problematic, but not with this Boston Harbor model
- Bulbs are sold separately so you will have to purchase them in addition to the lamp
- Only comes in one color, so if you are hoping to match the style of other lamps or hardware in your piano room, you may have to settle with brushed nickel or purchase another lamp
Hobbyists should not have to suffer for their craft, and piano playing is no different. Having enough light to see your music is key not only for musical accuracy but also to maintain the health of your eyes.
The Boston Harbor piano lamp is a fraction of other piano lamps but it does not skimp out on quality. Made of metal with a durable nickel finish, this lamp has everything you need without breaking your bank to purchase it.
There are so many different needs out there, it could be possible that for one reason or another the Boston Harbor lamp does not fit your needs. If you are thinking of purchasing another lamp, consider the Antique Brass With Marble Piano Desk Lamp by Regency Hill.
This lamp is at a much more expensive price, however it has a few finer accents. For example, the Regency Hill model has a marble base to help weigh down its base.
A bulb is not included with either lamp, however they do use the same type of bulb so the same type of light would be emitted.
Another similarity is that each lamp has a round base with adjustable shade, however the base on the Regency Hill model is slightly smaller. If space is an issue for the top of your piano, you may choose to go with this model.
Hobbies are not worth the risk if you could possibly hurt yourself for a little fun. However, if you can make an adjustment so that your hobby is safer, why not take the plunge?
With the Boston Harbor ATB-8004 Piano Desk Lamp, you can save your eyes while still enjoying your favorite pastime. And at its low cost, you will not have to spend a fortune to protect yourself.
There are many options out there for piano lamps, however most of them are expensive. With the Boston Harbor model, you will not have to sacrifice quality for a less expensive lamp. That is why you should choose this model.
If you are looking for a different color other than brushed nickel, you may have to choose another option, since the Boston Harbor model only comes in one style.
Regardless, the brushed nickel finish is very durable and will last for years to come, just as this full-metal lamp will. Some other models come with various types of bases, like marble or other types of stone, however this lamp is still weighted enough at the bottom so that there is no risk of tipping over.
For its price, you can’t beat the Boston Harbor ATB-8004 Piano Desk Lamp.